This website is operated by The Vapor Warehouse NZ Ltd T/A Vapeys Vape Store. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to The Vapor Warehouse NZ T/A Vapeys Vape Store offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. We committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
In this Policy “personal information” has the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Act.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the updated version on our website.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Information that we collect from you and about you
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, delivery address, birthdate, phone number, details of products you have purchased from us, payment and billing information, e-mail addresses, and any other information you may provide to us during our interactions including on social media.
We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender, shopping preferences, interests and favourites.
When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address, date/time of your visits, duration of your visits, the pages and documents accessed, the previous site accessed (i.e. the referring URL) and the type of browser being used.
We also collect information about your use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features.
How we collect and hold information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information via our customer service centre, by phone, email, mail, website, when you complete any survey/application forms, or enter any of our competitions or special promotions/activities, when you interact with us on social media (such as Facebook or Instagram) or when you deal with team members in our stores.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will keep your personal information secure and it will be held by us in our customer database in accordance with the Privacy Act. We will only release your personal information if you authorise us to do this or if we are legally required to do so.
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you and answer any questions or provide information or advice.
- Improve and personalise your experience with us, such as when you are in store, on-line or when otherwise interacting with us.
- Better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
- Undertake and administer promotions, competitions, in-store events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities.
- Process payments and to deal with your feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts.
- Complete other transactions with you.
- Manage our stores, supply logistics and inventory.
- Communicate warranty and product recall purposes.
- Undertake our administrative and operational functions.
- Counteract fraud, loss and theft prevention activities.
- Investigate a breach of any of our terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity.
How we disclose your information
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary for them to carry out their duties/obligations. This may include research agencies, website development agencies, payment processing agencies, IT systems administrators, couriers, payment processors, lawyers and business advisors;
- Suppliers of products and services for delivery, product warranty and recall purposes; and
- Any person to whom we are required or permitted by law to disclose personal information. This may include the NZ Police, an ambulance service, or Government departments or regulators within New Zealand in connection with law enforcement activities and emergency services.
We require any third party to whom we disclose personal information to protect that information against any unauthorised use, access or disclosure in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may occasionally transfer your personal information to organisations located overseas, for example where:
- We use service providers based overseas;
- You have requested a product or service that involves an international element;
- We need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- An international payment has been made.
We require overseas recipients to use personal information only for the purpose for which we provide the information to ensure that our privacy obligations in respect of your personal information are not breached, and to implement strict confidentiality and data protection arrangements.
On our website, we utilize “cookies.” What these are is small files, which we send to and store on your computer so that we are able to recognize it as a unique machine on your next visit. These cookies allow us to know you are a prior customer and they allow us to personalize the experience for you, providing useful information, advertisements, and messages that may be of interest to you. It should also be known that outside companies offering their products or services through our website may be using their own cookies.
Security of personal information
Vapeys recognizes and understands your concerns on the subject of safety and security regarding your personal information. We strive to employ reasonable measures to protect your information as well as the overall security of our website. We also request that any third parties we are affiliated with, whom we may transfer your information to take the same or comparable steps to protect your information and security. With that said, it should be noted that even with such advanced technology, no website is 100% secure.
You can request access to your information or that your information be corrected by contacting us.Your request will be processed in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“Privacy Act”). Should you have any questions, concerns, or comments regarding our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at